Natural Beauty Recipe: A homemade Herbal Beauty Bath
After a long-winded, stressful day, one of the best things to come home to is a long, warm bath. Now did you know that you could actually make yourself an herbal beauty bath by using some herbs and bath salts? Just 20 minutes of soaking in an herbal beauty bath rejuvenates your mind and body, while helping you unwind at the end of the day.
Herbs are actually therapeutic. Some herbs stimulate circulation, while others relax your muscles and soothe your skin, making them powerful beauty and wellness allies. Each particular herb has its own soothing and therapeutic properties. We have then provided a rundown of the most popular herbs and their known benefits:
- Rosemary – for improving blood circulation and for deep cleansing
- Chamomile, Jasmine, Lime flowers – for relaxation
- Parsley – for dry, sensitive skin
- Sage – for oily skin
- Chamomile, Lavender, Spearmint, Thyme, Rose petals – for soothing and gentle cleansing
- Basil, Lavender, Mint, Eucalyptus, Sage, Thyme, Fennel – for stimulating the mind and body
- Spearmint, Fennel – for healing
Now that you know the natural beauty and wellness benefits of each herb, creating a quick herbal beauty bath is pretty simple. All you need is a cup of sea salt and a handful of any herb of your choice, such as lavender, rosemary, spearmint, or peppermint. If you grow your own herb garden, then using your fresh produce is much better. Grind the herbs with a coffee grinder until it turns into the consistency of fine powder. Mix your powdery herbs with your cup of sea salt. And finally, toss the mixture into your bath. Then simply relax and enjoy the warm water and stimulating scent of the fresh herbs, while allowing the herbs to work their wonders.