Turmeric – Best for Health
Turmeric is a widely using herb. Curcumin is the main active ingredient contained in turmeric and has a wide range of therapeutic effects. Use the turmeric both internally and externally to get its best benefits. Some of its health benefits are:
Benefits of Turmeric
- Great source of dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, niacin, manganese, iron, potassium, magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids, omega 6 fatty acids.
- Mainly it is used in cooking as a spice but it is also used as medicinally. It has been commonly used to treat stomach diseases and as a blood purifier.
- It is natural and It is one of the best and an effective remedy having great benefits for your skin. Apply it to you skin for treating spots and pigmentation, blemishes, scars or skin discoloration.
- Improves complexion and the skin texture. It also helps to protect against other skin ailments like eczema, acne, pimple, dry skin and psoriasis.
- Has anti-aging benefits and it is used in cosmetics and skin care products. Helps to slow the aging process, decreases wrinkles on your face and restore youth. You can use it as a natural cleanser, whitener and facial masks. It also relieves chapped lips and gives the skin a healthy glow.
- To get clean and glowing skin free from acne, pimples, etc. Add a small spoon of turmeric powder in a warm glass of milk and drink it regularly.
- Help you to maintain elasticity of skin and avoid unwanted stretch marks in your body.
- Combined turmeric powder with other ingredients such as coconut oil to form a lotion that hydrates and improves skin tone.
- The curcumin is a powerful antioxidant contained in turmeric that helps to protect against the most dangerous diseases like skin cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer and prostrate cancer. Curcumin destroys mutated cancer cells and neutralize free radicals. And improves the immune system in the body.
- Consume the Turmeric regularly to guard against Alzheimer’s disease. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant activity. Regular consumption of turmeric capsules may be an effective way to prevent the onset of Alzheimer’s.
- As turmeric is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and also rich in vitamin B6, It helps in reducing bad cholesterol in the blood which is the main cause of heart attacks.
- Very effective natural remedy for arthritis patients. Turmeric has pain-relieving properties and it helps relieve wound inflammation and in treating arthritis. It is very helpful in curing rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- Turmeric extract is very good for digestive system. It helps reducing the formation of gas or acidity, heartburn and bloating. It is very useful for those who are suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and it help to reduce the pain and irritation.
- Taking turmeric powder and salt in equal quantity with warm water gives instant relief from acidity.
Eating Curd with turmeric after meal cures digestive problems.
- The turmeric extract can help in minimizing liver damages caused by taking excess alcohol regularly or using pain-killer. It can strengthen your immunity and help to fight against diseases like jaundice and hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- Drink a glass of turmeric powder with warm milk every night before going to sleep, it helps to strengthen the bones in your body and reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis like diseases.
- It is an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory in nature that helps to heal cuts and wounds. Help to reduce pain and inflammations. Turmeric is an excellent remedy. Dusting turmeric powder on wounds also helps in relieving the pain and swelling.
- If applied on the burnt area it prevents infection and helps in speedy recovery. Turmeric is the best remedy for burns. Apply the paste of Turmeric and Aloe vera juice to the affected area . It will cool down the burning sensation and cure it naturally.
- Very effective in the treatment of chronic coughs and sore throat.
- Rich source of iron. It is the best natural remedy to treat anemia. Turmeric also repairs immune system.
- Turmeric is antispasmodic. Turmeric helps to reduce the severity of painful menstrual cramps or dysmenorrhea.
- Regular use of turmeric can help you prevent against worms, bacteria, virus and fungus that can otherwise cause food poisoning, diarrhea, scabies, dysentery, smallpox and other related diseases.
- One of the best natural home remedy to expel worms from the body by consuming it. This will kill the intestinal worms and protect the muscles of the intestine.
- The presence of curcumin in turmeric helps to keep blood sugar level in check and prevent the Diabetes. A simple diabetes preventive remedy is to take one teaspoon of turmeric powder twice a day with meals.
- Turmeric powder, if consumed regularly, helps to improve the blood circulation and also help in purifying blood.
- To get the relief from irritation of bronchioles, massage the throat and chest with little turmeric powder, black pepper and mixed with ghee.
- Taking juice of raw turmeric and honey with goats milk twice a day cures all urinary problems.
- Consuming 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder with hot milk in later part of the 9th month of pregnancy helps in easy delivery.
- Curcumin in turmeric powder surely help to increase the flow of bile, an important component in the breakdown of dietary fat. So, taking one teaspoon of Turmeric powder with everyday meal is an effective weight loss aid when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
- To prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer, consume it with cauliflower.
* Turmeric is safe in regular diet, but the excessive intake of turmeric may cause gastrointestinal disturbances and digestive problems.
* Pregnant women or suffer from gallstones, must ask their doctor before consuming it.
* Do not take turmeric milk if you are allergic to dairy products.
* Turmeric should not be used if you are suffering from any of the health disorders like gallstone, bile disorders, stomach ulcers, obstructive jaundice, extremely toxic liver disorders, congestive heart disease.
* The pregnant women who are trying to conceive or have a history of fertility problems, should take doctor’s advice before consuming it raw.