Insight on what Causes dark skin:
Nowadays, people in middle ages notices that their skin begins to darken, this problem is also known as hyperpigmentation. There are varieties of agent that are responsible for dark skin. Skin disease like melasma causes dark spots; another reason is infections that contribute to acne.
Some medications like estrogens, phenytoin, etc. sensitize the skin and causes dark spots to appear on skin. Exposure to intense UV rays is major contributor to dark spots and other types of skin damage like freckles or solar lentigines. Addison’s disease, pregnancy are other conditions that can darken your skin.
These dark spots, hyperpigmentation makes your skin look dull and uneven. Previously, people used to take an appointment for microdermabrasion, chemical peels and laser treatments; but this burdened their budget. Applying foundations and concealers showed varying results. In some people it worsened the skin conditions and made it more uneven. Let us now discuss on some affordable and secure treatments to cover dark spots and how to get brighter and smoother skin.
Some home treatments to cover dark spots:
Home treatments are easily available and safer way to reduce the darker skin tone.
- To begin with, exfoliate your skin daily. This aids in dead skin cells removal that is main cause for darker skin appearance.
- To prepare exfoliator mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with little almond oil. Apply this to your skin and massage it gently in circular motion. Rinse off the exfoliator with warm water.
- Use lemon juice on your skin thrice a week. This reduces your dark pigmentation and makes your skin even. You can apply this juice using cotton balls. Remember not to rinse with water.
- Your skin requires daily moisturizer. Use coconut oil to get moisturized, smooth and hydrated skin. It is also effective to rehydrate your skin and also effective to reduce dry patches. Follow this procedure in regular intervals a day.
- Use sunscreen to protect your skin when going out in intense sun. This blocks the sun rays from penetrating into your skin which triggers excess melanin production.
- Drink plenty of water and eat healthy diet; these are essential to retain healthy and glowing skin. Fish, walnuts, vegetables and eggs helps to improve skin tone and make it healthy.
- Follow good skincare regimen by avoiding use of excess makeup that contain harmful chemicals.
- Exercise regularly; this boosts your blood circulation which improves skin tone.
The treatments mentioned above also help to give you smooth, firm and glowing skin. So follow this consistently to get desired results.
What are the benefits?
Some benefits of using natural treatments are listed below:
- It is safer method to reduce dark spots.
- This method is quite affordable.
- It helps improve your skin tone.
- It repairs the damaged skin cells by removing the dead flakes.
- This helps moisturize your skin and makes it soft, firm and supple.
Verdict to get brighter skin tone naturally:
Although home treatments are effective to reduce the darker patches on skin; it requires more time to repair the damages and heal your skin. There are some organic skin brighteners that are safe and economical for treating uneven and dark skin tone. Xtreme brite, Lumnaskin, Cosmelan, etc. are some organic skin brightener products. Read skin brightener reviews to know more details that help you pick the best one.