Foods that Lower Cholesterol naturally
It is well known fact that high cholesterol levels can lead to heart disease, heart attacks and stroke. Many people are still confused about how they can defeat cholesterol. Diet and heredity always play a major role in cholesterol levels. If you want to lower cholesterol naturally, you have to start eating cholesterol lowering foods.
Eating healthy foods and exercising regularly can help lower the cholesterol levels surely.
There are several ways to manage the cholesterol levels as:
- Have oatmeal and other fiber-rich foods. Oat bran and rice bran can reduce cholesterol levels. To get best results, you must have a healthy consumption of these. Fiber is good for the body in many ways, and every small portion consumed helps in the fighting cholesterol.
- Fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidants, which is good for defending the body from diseases and lower cholesterol. Must consume four – five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Almonds and walnuts are well known to lower cholesterol. These having high calorie but are packed with protein, and good for monounsaturated.
- Replace the meat and poultry product with vegetable protein. As Beans are a very good source of fiber. Soy products are also very good to maintain the cholesterol levels.
- Must consume Garlic. Compounds in garlic staunch production of cholesterol in the liver. And it is the best cholesterol-lowering food. Eating raw or cooked garlic gives similar results. Make the garlic in food a favorite to get its best health benefit.
- Blueberries are very good to keep the cholesterol in check. Researches shown that pterostilbene contained in blueberries help in lowering cholesterol very effectively without any side effects.
- All fats are not bad. Omega-3 essential fatty acids can help raise of good cholesterol levels. Good fat foods are olive oil, avocados, olives, and nuts.
- Drink a glass of pomegranate juice. This is full of antioxidants and a very good choice for improving health. Pomegranate juice reduces cholesterol plaque buildup by increasing nitric oxide production.
- Yogurt is also very good for lowering cholesterol levels. Yogurt help to prevent re-absorption of cholesterol back into the blood stream.
- Drink Tea to lower Cholestrol levels. Tea contains cancer-fighting antioxidants, and its is also a great defense against LDL cholesterol levels
- Apple contains pectin, a antioxidants and a healthy dose of fiber, which help your body to lower LDL and raise HDL levels.
- Raw carrots are rich in a fiber called pectin that minimizing the cholesterol.
- Drinking 8-10 glasses of water every day is a very beneficial for health and can help you lower your cholesterol without any medication.
- Always try to use cold-pressed vegetable oils such as olive oil, canola, soy, sesame, sunflower, and corn. Using these vegetable oils regularly in your cooking reduces LDL cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Fish is a great food to eat to help lower cholesterol levels naturally. It is a good source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids which increases the HDL cholesterol, while lowering the LDL level. Consuming oily fish such as salmon, sardines and tuna reduce blood cholesterol.
- Legumes can also lower your cholesterol levels naturally. Legumes are dried beans, peas and lentils, and because they are vegetables, they do not contain any cholesterol.
- Brussels Sprouts are very useful in lowering cholesterol because of their high fiber content, Brussels sprouts lower cholesterol by binding with bile acids that the liver produces from cholesterol for digesting fat.