Your most favorite food is just in front of you but you have no desire to take the spoon to eat. This is loss of appetite. The desire which fulfills the need of body is called appetite. If you have no desire to eat that means you have lost your appetite. There can be so many reasons behind loss of appetite. Most of the time mental stress or abnormal physical conditions are the reason for loss of appetite.
WHAT ARE THE REASONS BEHIND LOSS OF APPETITE????
If you don’t feel hungry or your feelings to eat reduces or feel full after having a little that means you have lost your appetite. Sometimes your appetite loses for a long time or temporarily. There must be some reasons behind loss of appetite. Like,
- Imbalance of hormone
- Eating disorder
- Distress of emotion.
- Relationship breakdown
- Overeating at a time
- Sedentary lifestyle which leads one less appetite and weight gain
- Growing older because with ages digestive system also changes which cause appetite loss.
- Liver diseases
- Kidney problem
- Mental illness
SYMPTOMS OF LOSS OF APPETITE:
- Don’t feel hungry
- If you feel full just after having a little amount of food.
- If you feel bloated stomach
- If you face digestion problem
- If you feel fatigued and week
- If you feel trouble in sleeping
- If you have constipation
- If your mood swings like sometimes you feel happy sometimes you feel down.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LOSS APPETITE:
- You will feel nausea and vomiting
- Mouth sores will be found in your mouth and that will create mouth pain
- Your mouth will be infected.
- You will feel your mouth dry
- You will feel difficult to swallow
- You will feel difficult to chew foods
- Constipation will happen
- You will feel pain in lower part of your body.
- Viral or bacterial infections
- chronic liver disease
- kidney failure,
- heart failure,
HOME REMEDIES FOR LOSS APPETITE:
- Change of eating patterns: Don’t eat one or two big meals in a day. It will create indigestion or fullness. Divide your meals into 4 or 5 small meals in a day. Eat bigger meal when you feel very hungry.
- Indian gooseberry: Another name of Indian gooseberry is amla. It is a great source of vitamin C which helps to not only boost the immune system but also facilitates mineral absorption. It also improves the functioning of the digestive tract and also detoxifies the liver. If you have vomiting and nausea Indian gooseberry is a tonic to reduce them. You can have amla juice with lemon and honey on an empty stomach in the morning. On the other side, you can have amla powder with water.
- Ginger: Most used stimulant to increase appetite is ginger. It helps to increase immune strength. It also strengthens digestive system. It works great for stomach pain. You can have ginger juice or also can have with tea or other dishes.
- Carom Seeds: As carom seeds increase the production of digestion enzyme, it helps to bring the lost appetite. You can have carom seeds with luck warm water which will stimulate your desire to eat.
- Garlic: Garlic is quite useful to increase appetite. You can have two or three garlic cloves after boiling in water or can have them with lemons.
- Coriander: Coriander is well known as herb which is used to treat indigestions. It usually helps to increase gastric enzyme which is very important to increase appetite. It also helps to treat gas, colitis, nausea. You can eat coriander as vegetable with other foods or can have coriander juice. For making juice, you need coriander leaves, water, salt, lemon, sugar, black pepper and blend it in blender. One thing you have to remember that you have to drink it on an empty stomach.
- Tamarind: Tamarind is famous for laxative and taste enhancer. It helps to increase appetite and digestion. But do not have Malabar tamarind which is not so helpful to increase appetite. You can have tamarind juice. Mix tamarind, water, sugar, salt, black pepper for taste and drink this mixer regular.
- Alfalfa: If you want a great appetite stimulant and natural blood nothing can replace alfalfa. It contains lots of vitamins like A, B, C, D and K. It also good for kidney problems as it has lots of minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, folic acid. You can have alfalfa as tea. You need dried alfalfa and hot water to make alfalfa tea. You also have them with other dishes. But before having alfalfa you have to consult a doctor as it is not suitable for who has the autoimmune disease, gout.
- Fennel tea: Fennel tea works not only for adult but also children. It is really so helpful to digest food. It is a common fact for children that they do not want to eat and the main reason is the absence of appetite. Fennel tea can be used for them as remedy to increase their appetite. To make fennel tea, you have to boil water with fennel seeds for few minutes. You can add honey or orange juice for the flavors.
- Carom seeds: Carom seeds usually work as antacids and anti-flatulent which is better for loss appetite. It also increases enzyme of stomach which usually digest food. As a result, it increases hunger for food and appetite. You can have carom seeds with warm water.
- Pomegranate juice: Pomegranate has lots of antioxidants and vitamins. For this reason, it is a very healthy and appetite producer food for not only adults but also for children.
- Exercise: To be a healthy person exercise is a must. Workout burns fat and produces a desire to eat which will increase appetite.
Loss of appetite never been good for health. So those who have lost appetite can use these remedies and bring their appetite for food.